The Associate in Applied Science in Administrative Office Management focuses on training students to operate proficiently a number of information processing systems and prepares them to adjust to future technological changes in the work place. Courses taken in the associate degree program may be applied toward the Bachelor of Science in Office Administration.
On completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Function effectively as a team member and/or leader, including virtual partners
- Interact effectively in oral and written communications.
- Use project management skills.
- Schedule and maintain calendars for self and others.
- Plan meetings, including negotiating hotel contracts, scheduling catering, preparing for cyber-and video-conferencing.
- Plan travel and supporting activities for others.
- Perform desktop publishing using both paper and electronic methods
- Manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Model professional and ethical behaviors
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Solve problems using a variety of appropriate tools.
Please contact the Division of Student Achievement for more information or call 202.274.5830