The Associate in Applied Science in Computer Science Technology focuses on programming languages and applications software. The student is trained in the logic of problem solving, and at the completion of the program is equipped to write computer programs in modern languages such as C++ and Java. Students are also trained in the use of modern office software application packages using Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013.
View Program of Study »
On completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply logical skills and mathematical knowledge to analyze the problem, develop, and implement the general solution (algorithm) to the problems in computer science discipline.
- Articulate oral and written skills necessary to communicate technical information to those outside of computing field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional, ethical, and legal issues as they relate to computer science technology.
- Identify, formulate, and solve problems related to software engineering.
- Illustrate knowledge of contemporary and emerging issues in computer science technology.
- Utilize the techniques, skills, and modern tools of the technical profession.
- Recognize the importance and the need to identify problem specifications and requirements from the customers.
- Develop, test, and verify software solutions using different design methodologies and programming languages.
To explore career possibilities and employment trends please click on the link. >> http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-support-specialists.htm