The Associate in Applied Sciences in Hospitality Management and Tourism provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to serve in entry positions in the hospitality industry—the second largest industry in the Washington metropolitan area. The program is designed for three groups of students: those who want to start careers in the hospitality industry, those who are already employed in a hospitality service organization but want to add to knowledge and skills, and those who are interested in making a career change. The program provides an overview of the basic elements of hospitality service management, specifically, planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Also, the program covers hotels and restaurants, and exposes students to the legal and marketing aspects of hospitality services organization.
View Program of Study »
On completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Interpret and articulate written and oral communications as appropriate for hospitality environments.
- Administer strategies for managing diverse multicultural hospitality operations.
- Apply hospitality operations theory and operational practices.
- Illustrate the ability to interact and work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrate the concepts and application of managerial, financial, computer, and technical skills that are needed to be successful within the hospitality industry.
To explore career possibilities and employment trends please click on the link.>> http://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/information-clerks.htm